Saturday, August 3, 2013

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Timeline

My wife is a huge fan of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and has started branching out into the comics.  She was a little confused on what order to read the comics in so I decided to help her out.  I figured I could become an expert in the Buffyverse in no time. After all, it is a much smaller universe than Star Wars (which is my area of expertise).  I figured I could have it all figured out in a couple days and put it out there as a chart.  I first discovered this cool discussion where I started off making my chart.  Then the days turned to weeks, and the weeks to months. I also watched the entire show at the same time and became an instant addict. I still need to watch Angel though. Late in the game I stumbled into this fantastic wiki chronology which was great because I was about to give up but this helped me think of a new way to organize my chart. ( I have no idea why I didn't find this timeline earlier) So a lot of this chart comes directly from this page. The chart is emphasizing what is out there as far as the media goes if you were trying to collect the entire story-line. The greyed out items are lower level canon, unconfirmed cannon, or noncanon. So I only show the individual comics if they are not collected in a trade paperback collection etc.   So this was a fun adventure for me. I'm not expert on the universe, but I'd like to think I have a basic understanding of it now.  I'm sure there are mistakes in the chart, and I'll continue to update and replace the images below as changes are made. Thanks!  Feel free to contact me with any changes!

 I've posted the full timeline on my website.


Click to View on my Website. 









No comments:

Post a Comment